Southern Mom Loves: GOOP Detox / Cleanse: Process and Results

GOOP Detox / Cleanse: Process and Results

Friday, February 28, 2014

GOOP Detox / Cleanse: Process and Results


Alright. I’ve got a giant box of produce and all my expensive detox supplies ready to go. Let’s do this.

Day 1
Prepped an amazing amount of produce. Blended, juiced, and poured into bottles ready to go for the day. Exciting.

GOOP Detox / Cleanse: Process and Results Morning supplies
Morning, Mid-Morning, & Lunch

First, Aloe shot. Salute. Second, Chlorophyll in water. Nasty. Third, water with salt. Surprisingly better tasting than the previous two.

Mid-morning: 1 scoop of green powder in a liter of water. Chug-a-lug. Wait 20 minutes, then have my first juice. After the green powder, it tastes amazing. Ummmmmm, food-like substance.

Then Lunch! I did the YoungAlive Green shake on the first day, planning to alternate days with the Lemon-Lime shake. This was an amazing green shake. A little like chugging cold guacamole. Tastes better than it sounds. Promise. And another Green powder/Liter of water. I’ve peed so much already.

Mid-afternoon snack: Carrot Ginger Soup. In my blender, less like soup, and more like gritty baby food. It tastes good if you can get past the texture. My husband couldn’t and opted to starve. With this, the worst of the juices. I think it’s the parsley, but I couldn’t get this one down. I was pretty full anyway, so skipped this one.

Had a shot of espresso with Stevia in the afternoon to help keep me going.

Dinner: Salad! Oh salad! How unappreciative I’ve been of you! Delicious mouthfuls of crunch. By the time you get to the salad, it will be the best thing you’ve ever tasted.

Day 2
Husband couldn’t take it and had eggs for breakfast. Prepped, blended, juiced, poured. Still a little excited to see what the day brings. Surprise! It’s the same thing as yesterday.

GOOP Detox / Cleanse: Process and Results Juicing
Juicing my Mid-Morning Juice

The only difference was Lunch with the Changing of the Shake. The Lemon-Lime was pretty good and had an aftertaste like Sprite. I think I’m officially a Shake Girl.

Had a cup of Java with Stevia. Or two…

Killer headache that lasted the rest of the day. I’m daydreaming about the Snickers bar in the freezer but still haven’t touched it. Yay me.

Gave up on the raw Broccoli and Cauliflower in the salad and steamed it instead. Husband gave up eating halfway through the salad.

Day 3
Wash. Rinse. Repeat. It was a little easier today. Only slightly headachy. I didn’t get much sleep last night, but surprisingly I had plenty of energy. I’m getting used to the taste of everything and I was fine until I got to the soup. Couldn’t do it. I had a bite and gave up, opting for another liter of water until dinner.

Had a coffee with Stevia again late afternoon. This is my usual ”Oh my god, I need a nap but don’t have time” time.

I also gave up on putting the raw squash in the salad. I had been getting stomach cramps after dinner and I think I found the culprit. I steamed them with the broccoli and cauliflower and added in some of the Miso paste, which was great. I didn’t exactly cheat. I still haven’t eaten anything that wasn’t on the menu, I just got a little creative with it.

Husband gave up altogether and had cheese before dinner and ice cream after. He says he will still drink the juices, but not the shakes. Awesome. I told him that if he eats delicious, fragrant foods in front of me, he will die.

Day 4
Husband and his cheese are still alive. Barely.

Things were, again, easier today. I think it’s because the end is in sight. Still no cheating. Had a single shot of espresso in lieu of the mid-afternoon soup/juice.

The kids had pizza tonight, but my salad was just okay with me. Slightly headachy after dinner, but nothing like the previous days. I feel pretty good. But still looking forward to someday tasting pizza again.

Day 5
Easy-peasy. I got a late start on everything and got busy, so I didn’t have my lunch shake until about 5:30 and completely forgot about the 2nd liter of water and green powder. To celebrate the last day, I cut up an avocado in my salad and it was delish. I didn’t even have any coffee today. I felt pretty good and only had a slight headache toward the end.

Overall:

Cost: We spent about $150 on supplies and around $200 on produce. It will vary depending on the number of people/days, brands you choose, organic or not, sales, produce season, etc. A hefty price tag for 5 days of food, but it is a super-nutrient-dense cleanse, and it was for 2 people. I’ve seen bottled juice cleanses that cost about this much for 3 days-worth for 1 person.

Time: Expect to spend 2-3 hours a day prepping/juicing/blending/cleaning. But hey, that’s all of your meals for the day in one go. And while shoving handfuls of spinach into the juicer screaming EAT IT! is amusing, it won’t actually help things go any faster.

Energy: I’m not gonna lie. The first couple of days were rough, but not impossible. I had a small coffee each day but the last, and a few I didn’t even want to finish, which is amazing for me. Each day it got a little better, although I was a little spacey throughout.

Plus: I lost a total of 7 lbs. in 5 days. Sweet.

Caution: Your body by now will have gotten used to this, so start off slowly adding in your usual meals. If you like the shakes or juices, you can continue making them for breakfast or lunch, using up the rest of your supplies. I had some salty popcorn the 6th day and it gave me a killer headache. You also don’t want to undo the healthy benefits of this cleanse and waste all of your hard work!

Rundown: Worth it.

Go back and Read Part 1 – GOOP Detox / Cleanse: Program, Recipes, and Substitutions



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Video of the day